If you are facing any kind of problems related to USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11/10, then take the help of the solutions explained in this article to get rid of the problem.
The USB port is one of the most important parts of any Windows device. This port is readily used by almost every Windows user to connect different kinds of devices to the system. The USB port is used by a lot of external devices to connect. But what if the USB keeps disconnecting from your computer?
We think this is one of the most annoying problems that one can face. Repeated disconnection of the USB port means that you won’t be able to access or use the devices. This, in turn, causes more problems when you have to complete an urgent piece of work. But, we won’t let that happen to you.
With this article, we have brought to you a complete guide to fixing every type of problem related to USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to Windows. This will allow you to run all types of USB devices on your system with ease. Hence, you will not face any problems in running the PC, and the connection will also be stable. So, let’s dive into the pool of solutions to proceed.
Solutions to Fix USB Keeps Disconnecting on Windows 10/11
Below you will find an extensive list of solutions for USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, with explanations. Use these solutions consecutively until the problem is fixed completely.
Solution 1: Start Simple
Before we dive into the pool of thorough solutions to fix the USB devices keep disconnecting errors. You should try to fix the same by using some simple techniques first. Generally, a temporary error with the system can result in such problems. Hence, the best solution under such circumstances is to restart your PC and disconnect and re-plug the device.
If disconnecting and replugging does not work to fix the USB keeps disconnecting errors, then try using another port to run the device. One of the ports may be defective on your device. It is best if you can find another Windows device to check the USB device and port. If the device works perfectly with another system, then the problem is with your USB port and you need to deploy the other solutions to fix it.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Device
If you are wondering why does my USB keeps disconnecting. Then the reason can be a faulty USB device driver. Sometimes, the USB driver on your system can corrupt due to accidental deletion of driver files or other similar reasons. Under such cases, the only solution left to use is to either update the driver or uninstall and reinstall the same.
We are explaining the steps to uninstall and reinstall the USB driver first. Use these steps precisely and if the USB devices keep disconnecting issue persists, use the next one to update the driver.
- Search for Device Manager in the taskbar search and run the tool.
- When the utility appears, expand the device category named Universal Serial Bus controllers (double-click it).
- You may see an exclamation mark near any USB device(s). Right-click on the same and select the option named Uninstall Device.
- You may face an Uninstallation warning pop-up. Under such cases, check the box of Delete the Driver Software for This Device. And click the Uninstall button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Wait while the device uninstalls and then restart your computer. This will allow the system to reinstall the missing driver automatically.
Also read: Download & Update USB-Serial Controller D Driver
Solution 3: Update the USB Driver on Windows PC
If the above solution to reinstall the driver is unable to fix the issues related to USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting Windows 11. You can try updating the divers as well. Although, there are two methods to update the drivers, viz. automatic and manual. We are explaining the automatic one as this method is easy to follow and useful for all.
Under the automatic method, you need to download a third-party driver updater software to update all kinds of drivers. You can take the help of the Quick Driver Updater for this task. The Quick Driver Updater is one of the best and most trusted driver updating tools available on the internet. Using this tool, you can easily fix USB keeps disconnecting errors.
The software is an expert in providing driver updates for all kinds of devices with a single click. Additionally, other advanced functions like driver backup and restore, update schedule, ignore list, multilingual interface, etc. make the task of managing the driver super easy for you.
You can take the help of the below steps to update the USB driver and fix all errors related to the USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting Windows 11/10:
- Download the tool using the Download Now button added below.
- Install the software on your PC and run the same.
- The tool will automatically scan your system for updates. Wait while the scan completes.
- After the tool lists all the outdated drivers present on the system, click on the Update All button. This will allow you to update all kinds of drivers, including the USB driver quite easily.
- Restart your system at the end of the process.
Also read: Full review of Quick driver updater
Solution 4: Modify the USB Settings on the Control Panelr
Nextly, if you think that the issue of USB devices keep disconnecting is still appearing. You need to change the settings of the USB under the Control Panel. You can take the help of the below steps to do this:
- Firstly, search for the Control Panel on the taskbar search and hit the Enter key.
- Secondly, click on the System and Security options.
- Click on Power Options.
- Click on the button named Change Plan Settings across the power option selected.
- Proceed to Change advanced power settings.
- Click on the “+” button near USB Settings and click USB Selective Suspend Setting to Disable it.
- Hit OK, and close everything.
Solution 5: Turn On Allow the Computer to Turn Off This Device to Save Power Settings
Lastly, if none of the above methods work, you need to change the USB settings in the Device Manager to fix USB disconnecting and reconnecting errors. Set the USB to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Use the set of steps below to do this:
- Expand the Universal Serial Hub Controllers in Device Manager using the same steps listed above.
- Right-click on the USB Root Hub device(s) and open Properties.
- Under the Power Management tab, check the box of Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click on OK and repeat this process for every USB Root Hub device.
Also read: Fix MTP USB Device Driver Failed Error on Windows
USB Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting Windows 10/11: Fixed
We hope that the above methods to fix USB devices keep disconnecting errors helped you fix the problem. This USB problem is quite common and may happen to any Windows user due to one reason or another. Try updating your driver to get quick results. Updating will improve the performance of your Windows device as well.
If the USB keeps disconnecting problem persists or if you have any questions related to the same. You can use our comments section to contact us. We will help you with the required solutions as soon as possible. We appreciate your suggestions as well.