If you are also facing any kind of problems related to the HP printer not printing on the Windows computer. Then check out the solutions listed and explained in this write-up and run the printer perfectly.
The printer is one of the most important devices connected to the computer. This device allows you to print hard copies of different kinds of documents and images very easily. HP, one of the most renowned electronics brands, also offers different kinds of printers for the users.
Any individual can select from a variety of printers and buy the one as per his/her home, office, and other requirements. The printers from the brand are quite effective as well as efficient in printing loads of outputs as you want. The process to use the printer is quite easy. All you need to do is just plug in the printer cable in the outlet socket, and use the USB or other forms of connection to connect the printer to the PC.
Although the process to connect with and use an HP printer is very simple, some users face problems with it. A lot of users on the internet complain that the HP printer is not printing properly with the Windows PC. If you are facing or have faced such problems in history, we may be able to help you.
In this article, we will address and try to solve this problem for you. In the upcoming sections, you will find some solutions or fixes to get rid of HP printer connected but not printing Windows errors. But before we go over the solutions, let’s know why such problems occur.
Why is my HP Printer not Printing on Windows PC?
There is no definite reason as to why your HP printer is not printing. One or more errors may pile up on your PC to cause the printer. Generally, the main reasons behind the printing error can be:
- Outdated printer drivers
- Faulty system files
- Connection errors
- Wrong printer and other device settings
- Too many print outputs in the queue
- Faulty printer
So these are the main reasons why any HP printer won’t print from the computer. Now, let’s move on to the solutions for this error.
Methods to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Errors on Windows 11 and 10
Try the below methods consecutively to fix all the errors related to the HP printer not printing on Windows PC. Deploy all of these fixes until the error is fixed completely.
Fix 1: Restart Everything and Check the Printer Connection
Whenever you face the HP printer not printing on Windows PC. The First thing that you should do is restart your computer and the printer. Just turn off all the devices and then turn off the main switch for a couple of minutes. Then restart everything including the system and the printer. However, before you restart everything, ensure that all the cables are properly connected to the printer and the system.
If this fix fails to solve your query of why my HP printer is not printing, try the next fix.
Fix 2: Check the Properties and Accessories of the Printer
The next thing that you need to do is check the other attributes and accessories of the printer if you ever face HP printer not printing errors. You should check whether the printer has sufficient toner or ink to run properly. Additionally, look for any blinking lights on the display or error lights.
Another common problem that may cause this error is the sticking of paper. Paper gets stuck in different parts of the printer causing problems. If the HP printer still won’t print, then try the next fix.
Fix 3: Cancel All the Printing Commands
When too many printing commands get accumulated on the PC. You may face problems like the HP printer not printing. Hence, to fix the same, you need to cancel the print commands and use the printer again. Follow the below steps to know more:
- Search for the Control Panel after pressing Win+S and hit the Enter key.
- Click on Hardware and Devices to proceed.
- Select the submenu named Devices and Printers.
- Under the Printers category, right-click on the printer you are using, and select See What’s Printing.
- Click on the Printer option on the top and Open the Program as Administrator.
- Now repeat the same process to open the Printer option and click on Cancel All Documents.
- If any pop-up appears, click on Yes to proceed
Fix 4: Make Your Printer the Default Device
Nextly, what you may need to do to fix the HP printer not printing errors is to set the printer as the default device. When more than one printer is connected to your system, such problems are bound to happen. Setting the default device will command the PC to use the printer only for prints. Follow the below steps change and set the printer as the default device:
- Open the Devices and Printers category on the Control Panel as did previously.
- Right-click on the Printer and select the option named Set as default printer.
- If you see a green tick mark on your Printer, this means that the same printer is our default device now.
Fix 5: Update Printer Driver Using Quick Driver Updater
One of the most common reasons behind HP printer not printing errors is outdated or corrupted printer drivers. When the driver is not up to date or properly installed on the system. Your device may face problems while communicating with the system. Hence, the best thing to do under such circumstances is to update the driver.
The same goes for all the printer errors. You should update or repair the printer driver on your PC. Quick Driver Updater is one of the best ways to do that. This is amongst the few safe tools that can update all kinds of printers, mice, keyboards, touchpads, networks, and other device drivers on the PC.
The Quick Driver Updater is much more than just a mere updater as it offers other advanced functions as well. These include driver backup and restoration, update schedule, instant updates, ignore list, etc. follow the below steps to use the tool and fix the HP printer won’t print from the computer errors:
- Firstly, download the Quick Driver Updater setup using the button below:
- Install the tool on your PC and run it so that it can scan the system for outdated and corrupted drivers.
- When the scanning is complete, click on the Update All button on the PC to update the printer as well as other faulty drivers on the PC.
- Restart your PC at the end when the whole procedure of driver update is complete.
Fix 6: Use the Troubleshooter to Fix the HP Printer Not Printing Error
Lastly, you can use the integrated Windows Troubleshooter to fix every error related to the HP printer not printing. For this, you can follow the below-explained steps for ease:
- Search for the Troubleshoot Settings in the taskbar and hit Enter.
- From the troubleshooting window, click on Additional troubleshooters.
- Now look for the Printer and click on it to Run the Troubleshooter.
- If any on-screen solutions appear afterward, follow the same to fix the HP printer won’t print from the computer errors.
HP Printer Not Printing Errors on Windows: Fixed
We hope that the solutions listed in the above sections were able to help you with the HP printer not printing errors on the Windows PC. We suggest that you use the Quick Driver Updater to update the drivers easily. This method will readily get rid of multiple errors.
However, if this problem persists after trying the above solutions. You can take the help of the comments section below and ask us for help. We also appreciate your suggestions related to the HP printer connected but not printing Windows 10 errors.