If you want to fix the Google Meet camera not working error on Windows 10, then take the help of easy solutions listed in the article.
Google Meet is a great platform for professional workers. With the help of the platform, you can easily conduct meetings, interviews, and more online. This way one doesn’t need to be physically present to attend the meeting. The app has great options to conduct a video conference or meeting as you like.
Although the tool is of great use. Sometimes the users may face the problem of the Google Meet camera not working on Windows. This problem can appear due to various reasons. In the next section of this article, we will address all of these reasons and provide an optimal solution for the same.
Easy Solutions to Fix Google Meet Camera Not Working
Now let’s have a look at the best methods to fix the Google Meet camera not working error right away. Use the below fixes one by one until the issue is fixed.
Solution 1: Reboot the System
The first thing you should do if you face Google Meet camera not working errors is to restart the system. Some temporary issues may cause this problem in the system. Restarting or rebooting will get rid of these errors and run the system perfectly. Use the next fix if rebooting does not work.
Solution 2: Ensure the Hardware Connection and Software
Firstly, you should check the connection of the USB webcam. A loose USB can affect the working of the camera and cause Google Meet camera not working errors. Secondly, also ensure that you are using the latest version of Google Meet for the meetings.
If the error of the camera not working on Google Meet continues to bother you, try the next fix.
Also Read: Solve USB Headset Not Working on Windows 10
Solution 3: Close Other Apps that may Use the Camera
If you think other apps that are running on your PC may use the webcam or camera, then close the same. This will ensure that Google Meet runs perfectly and you do not face Google Meet video not working errors. Use the steps below to close the apps:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on the keyboard.
- Under the tab named Processes, you will find all the apps running on your system. Close the ones that may use the webcam by selecting the app and then clicking on End Task. (Close apps like Skype, etc.)
Solution 4: Check the Internet Connectivity
The next method to fix the Google Meet camera not working is to check the intent connection. The problem may not be related to the camera as much as that to the internet speed. This may cause problems in running the meeting. Use the below step to check the internet connection speed using the Task Manager:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to bring upon the Task Manager.
- Click on Performance and then select Ethernet.
- The data in this subtab will tell you about your internet connection speed. Stream a high-quality video to check the internet speed. If it is low, contact your internet service provider.
Solution 5: Change the Settings of the Antivirus
The next solution if you are wondering why isn’t my camera working on Google Meets is to modify the antivirus settings. The antivirus or antimalware program you use may not allow your browser to access the camera. In such a case, you need to change the settings to conduct the meeting peacefully. You will find the browser camera access settings in the security app. If the Google Meeting camera is starting but not working yet, use the next fix.
Solution 6: Modify the System Settings for Camera Access
Your system also has some settings that define whether any app or program can use the webcam or not. If the settings are set improperly, you may face Google Meet camera/video not working errors. Follow the below steps to know what you need to modify in the Windows system settings:
- Firstly, search for Camera Privacy Settings, and hit Enter after precessing Win+S keys.
- Hit the Change button below the Allow access to the camera on this device option and toggle On the settings.
- Similarly, toggle On the settings of Allow apps to access your camera and Allow desktop to access your camera.
- Also, don’t forget to toggle On the apps you want to use the webcam on from the list under Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your camera.
Try the next fix if you still face the Google Meet’s camera not working errors.
Also Read: Omegle Camera Not Working on Windows 11,10
Solution 7: Allow the Platform’s Camera Access From Browser Settings
The platform may not have access to the camera due to improper browser settings. You need to modify this setting to fix the Google Meet camera not working. We are providing the precise solutions for the Google Chrome browser below. However, these will also work on other browsers as well.
- Firstly, launch Google Chrome, click on the Options button at the top right corner, and open Settings.
- Now click on Privacy & Security, and open Site Settings.
- Open the Camera settings after you scroll down to Permissions.
- Choose the option stating Sites can ask to use your camera.
- Now try to join or conduct the meeting and when the permission pop-up appears, click on Allow.
Try the next fix any problem related to the camera not working on Google Meet persists.
Solution 8: Update The Imaging Device or Webcam Driver on the System
The ultimate solution if the Google Meet camera not working error bothers you is to update the webcam drivers. The webcam, integrated camera, or any other device works with the help of a driver. This driver ensures that the respective device works properly with system integration. Hence you need to keep the drivers updated at all times to skip such errors.
To execute this task, the Quick Driver Updater can help you. This tool provides a single-click execution option to update all the drivers at once. Additionally, you get the benefit of multiple advanced options as well. These includes:
- Driver backup and restoration
- Update scheduling
- Multilingual interface
- Active user support
- Driver update ignore options
- Certified drivers and more
The Quick Driver Updater comes in two versions namely the free and PRO versions. The free version allows you to update the drivers freely however, the paid version unlocks the advanced features of the tool. You can take the help of the below steps to fix the camera not working on Google Meet via driver updates:
- Click on the button below to Download Quick Driver Updater.
- Install the software and run it on your computer to Scan Drivers.
- Click on the Update All button when the updates appear on the system.
- Lastly, restart the system when the updates are installed.
Solution 9: Modify the Experimental Settings/Flags of the Browser
If you are using Google Chrome and facing Google Meet camera not working errors, then you can also modify the additional and experimental settings of the app named flags. Before you deploy this fix, remember to undo that same if the error is not fixed. Use the below steps to proceed:
- Open Google Chrome, type chrome://flags in the search tab, and press Enter.
- From the list of settings, search for the flag named MediaFoundation Video Capture.
- Disable the flag.
Also Read: Windows 10, 11 Camera Not Working
Google Meet Camera Not Working on Windows 10 Errors: Fixed
We hope that after following the above methods and solutions. You will not face any form of errors related to the Google Meet camera not working on Windows 10 and other OS versions. Moreover, these fixes are tried and tested before listing and explaining them here, hence will solve the problem easily.
If these solutions do not work, then uninstall and reinstall the browser. However, if due for any reason the error persists, use the comments section below to contact us. We will get back to you and provide personalized solutions to you. You appreciate your suggestions as well.