How do I download driver for my printer? If you’re searching for a proper answer to this question, you’ve landed on the right page. Here we’ve elucidated the best ways on how to update printer drivers in Windows 10, 8, and 7. Read on to know about them.
A printer driver or a print processor is a small but essential piece of software that helps convert the print data to a device-specific format that printer hardware can understand. But, when a printer driver software becomes outdated or corrupted, it fails to correctly communicate your print instructions to the computer’s operating system and as a result throws annoying errors like printer’s offline, printer driver is unavailable, etc.
Therefore, printer drivers, as with all hardware drivers, should be updated on a timely basis in order to keep devices running well. If you don’t know how to do it, you can follow our guide to the end to learn how to download printer drivers for Windows 10, 8, and 7 using both manual and automatic means.
Experts-recommended Way for Free Printer Drivers Download & Update
Want to save yourself from the hassle of finding the correct and latest drivers for printers online? If yes, then automate the driver updating process by using Quick Driver Updater. With this one of the best free driver updater software, you can get the updated versions of all kinds of drivers from trusted sources in the twinkling of an eye. You can click on the below link to get and try Quick Driver Updater for free.
Methods on How to Download & Install Printer Drivers on Windows 10/8/7
Below are the most effective and reliable ways that one can use for downloading, installing, and updating printer drivers free on Windows PC.
Method 1: Download Printer Driver From the Manufacturer’s Website
Among all the driver download pages available on the web, the support page of the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) is the best site to download printer drivers for free on Windows 10 and older versions. For instance, if you own an HP or Epson printer model, you can go to the respective manufacturer’s site for downloading and installing the latest print driver.
The following steps are for your reference how to update printer driver on Windows 10 from the official HP website.
- Visit the official HP website.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Support section at the top of the page, and select the “Software and Drivers” option.
- On the next screen, you have to choose your product from the available options. In this case, please select the “Printer” option as shown in the image below.
- Enter your product name in the search box and select the same from the suggestions list or click on Submit button. (The model HP Officejet 4630 is here used as an example.)
- Click the “Download” button next to the printer driver update you want to get.
- Double-click on the downloaded setup (.exe) file to initiate the printer driver installation procedure.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest driver for printer.
- Restart your computer (even if you’re prompted to do so).
Method 2: Download & Install Printer Drivers via Device Manager
You can use a built-in utility, known as Device Manager to download, install, and update Windows printer drivers for free. Below we provided step-by-step instructions on how to use it for downloading the latest print driver updates on your computer.
- First, launch the Device Manager tool by typing the “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) command in the Run (Windows + R key) box and then click on OK.
- Once Device Manager is open, go to the “Print queues” or “Printers” category and expand the same by clicking the arrow icon next to it.
- Right-click on your printer device and choose “Update driver” from the available options.
- On the next screen, choose the first option, i.e., Search automatically for drivers.
- Now, Windows will look for the updated version of printer driver software and install it on your device (if found).
- Restart your computer when the printer driver installation is done.
Method 3: Use Quick Driver Updater to Download Printer Drivers for Windows 7/8/10 (Recommended)
Using a competent driver updating software, such as Quick Driver Updater helps users save a huge amount of time and effort because it converts the tedious manual process to a swift automated process. With the help of this software, you can perform printer driver download, update, and installation with just a click of a button. Moreover, it offers many useful features, like driver backup and restore options, automatic scans, exclusion lists, etc.
Below is how to use this software to download, install, and update printer drivers in Windows 10, 8, and 7.
- Click on the button given below to download and install the Quick Driver Updater tool on your system.
- Let the program perform a complete auto scan for a couple of seconds.
- After you get the list of outdated or faulty drivers, click the “Update Now” button next to the printer driver to automatically install its newly-released version.
Concluding Words: Printer Driver Downloads and Updates on Windows PC
Above, we’ve shared several useful methods (both manual and automatic) on how to download printer drivers for Windows 10, 8, and 7. You can use any of the aforementioned methods to perform the task.
Hopefully, you find the information provided in this article helpful. If you know any better ways to update printer drivers on Windows PC, please share them through the comments section below.